Learning and laughing together,
Empowering each other to
Accomplish goals and
Develop highly effective habits
Engaging our hearts and minds
Ready to lead the future
Serving to make a positive difference in our world!
Time: 6:00 p.m.
· SmartCard fundraiser in underway---sell those Smartcards: save money for your family and raise $ for LOE—it’s a WIN WIN!
· PTA Membership drive is underway—please join (see website).
· Chinese Lunch Bunch every Wednesday at lunch for grades 3-6th
Picture Day: October 2
· Parent Book Club: TLIM begins October 6 to Dec. 2 from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. (childcare provided)
· Parent Conferences: Tue, October 6 to Fri, October 9, 2015
o Modified Day Released Time: 12:30 PM KINDER and 12:35 PM 1-6th grades
· The PTA Book Fair is Monday, October to Friday October 9th in the library before school and during parent conferences.
· DELAC Meeting: October 12, 2015 @ MEE
· First of the Year LOE/PJH Co-Parent Event: October 22 @ LOE
o Learning and Leading, Together: we hope you will spend the evening for adult learning! We will offer break-out sessions on topics such as; The Leader in Me, CCSS Math, Literacy, and preparing our kids for college and career (to name a few). The event will take place from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (dinner plates will be for sale). Flyer coming soon.
· Every Wednesday: 1:30 p.m. pick up time!
· Every Friday: wear your LOE spirit t-shirt (purchase through PTA)
· Wednesday Sept 30th: RECYCLING drop off begins!
Help Your School Earn Free Supplies!
This unique program for schools can not only benefit your school now, but help keep them in free supplies all year long. All you need to do is make a qualifying purchase* at Office Depot and present your school's 5% Back to Schools program ID - and we'll take care of the rest. (Download a list of qualifying products.)
How Does It Work?
Shop at Office Depot for all of your school and office supplies
Present your school's 5% Back To Schools ID number when you shop online, over the phone or at your neighborhood Office Depot store.
Office Depot will offer your school credits equal to 5% of the qualifying purchases in the form of an Office Depot Merchandise Card that can be used towards FREE supplies!
Spread the Word!
Forgot to use your school's ID number when making a purchase?
Past purchases made within the current calendar quarter can still be entered for credit! To give 5% of your qualifying school or office supply purchases back to a school in the form of merchandise credits, just follow these simple steps:
For In-store Purchases: Simply bring your receipt and your school's 5% Back to Schools ID number to your local Office Depot location and ask a store associate to apply your purchase to the school of your choice!
For Online/Phone Purchases: Click Here to simply complete our short form using your school's contact information or 5% Back to Schools ID number and the order number that was provided for you online or over the phone at checkout.
We continue to expand our Leader in Me opportunities and grow inspirational leaders at Live Oak!
School-wide Instructional Framework and Admin. Expectations
Teacher Mission Statements
Back to School Night: each presentation
Weekly Book club (7 habits of Highly Effective Families)
LIM curriculum—integrated in all we are doing in class
7 habits school song and video
School environment (every nook and cranny of the school)
Leadership Coupons (demonstrating habits recognition)
Student Leaders Office Support
Student Greeters in the classroom and for special visits/events
7 habits lunch tables
Student leader of the month assemblies each month
“Lead the way with PTA” (PTA membership drive) - parent leaders supporting student leaders
Reader Leaders (AR program): Read to the Principal (every Friday)
Parent Leadership Event “Learning and Growing, Together” (October 27th)